Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad
[adapted from www.skinnytaste.com]
This recipe makes enough for several meals throughout the week.
4 baked chicken breasts
½ cup sliced scallions
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 TBS Low Fat Mayo (Can substitute for Greek Yogurt, but mayo tastes better)
2 TSP Ground Cumin
1 TSP Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Garlic Salt to Taste (Optional)
- Bake chicken
- Slice Scallions
- Chop cilantro
- Cut the lime in half
- Using two forks shred the baked chicken.
- Add the cilantro and scallions to the shredded chicken and mix.
- Add the 3 TBS of Low Fat Mayo to the shredded chicken and mix.
- Add the 2 TSP Ground Cumin, 1 TSP Chili Powder and the salt and pepper.
- Squeeze both halves of the lime over the mixture and stir together.
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Carefully peel the skin from the outside of the avocado.
- Using a spoon remove the seed and then slightly scoop out both sides of the avocado to form a small bowl.
- Optional: Lightly sprinkle garlic salt on the avocado.
- Fill each side of the avocado with a heaping TBS of Chicken Salad (or more)
[Note: I normally add more cilantro and scallions to taste]